Monday, May 25, 2009

Tours and gay bars

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Today we went on a walking tour of the medieval part of Vienna with Professor Bruce Murray (from the U of I).  He knew so much about every little thing – every plaque, café, statue, you name it and he knew what it was.  There were a lot of cool buildings and the sheer age of everything here is mind-boggling. Every thing has such a deep history. We walked by a church that was built in the 11th century! 

Everything we saw had such historical significance. We stopped in front of the building wear the last Holy Roman Emperor gave up the throne to Napolean!

Late that night we went out dancing to a gay club called the Viper Room and it was sooo much fun!  I think I had such a good time because I felt completely 100% safe. European men are rather forward and it made me feel a bit uncomfortable at another club. But at the Viper Room all the guys were only focused on other guys, which meant for a good time for me. Tamara Mascara was our D.J. and she/he (I don’t really know what pronoun to use for drag) was an exciting character. There were people taking pictures for promotional purposes and our group was so fabulous that we made it on to the website!

No comments:

Post a Comment