Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On my way

Now that I'm here in Vienna and have internet, I can tell you how my journey thus far has gone.

At the airport, I said goodbye to Michael for the next 88 days. He will be leaving for Sao Tome before I get back so we'll be separated for quite some time.

Before going through security, Tina (someone from my group who was on the first flight with me) and I saw Tiffany (another girl from our program) who we didn't know was on that flight and I was so glad to find out that I had a travel buddy for the rest of the trip since Tina and I separated at Detroit.

Here's a picture of Tiffany, Tina, and myself at Willard just before departure.  All smiles before 23 hours of travel.
We boarded a teeny plane - only one seat, then an aisle, and then another seat. Needless to say there was quite a bit of turbulence. It also didn't help that the pilot said it was rather windy.

At this point in the trip I thought I was doing quite well. I hadn't cried or thrown up. But there was still plenty of time to catch up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment