Thursday, May 21, 2009

Döner, Elephants, and Bachelors

Tuesday night Donnie, Tina, and I went to get Döner. It's a Turkish kebab similar to a Greek gyro. Omygoodness it was soooo good.  For the past two days I haven't been impressed with Austrian food and that really disappointed me because I had heard it was super good.  But this Döner changed everything. It was amazing. And it was way cheaper than eating in a restaurant because they are sold on the street.

We then went to Mariahilfe Straße and looked at the awesome architecture and statues. There was this elephant statue outside of the museum of natural history, so of course we had to take pictures.



After a little while longer of walking, this man that had feminine products all around his waist came up to us and told us that he was getting married and that tonight was his bachelor party and he had to sell all the items around his waist to girls on the street. So we helped him out and got a fabulous picture and laugh out of it. 



This night was so much fun. It really made me start to enjoy being in Vienna and I can't wait to see what else it has to offer.


1 comment:

  1. What a hoot! I'm so glad you're having a good time. It's ironic that the best food you've had in Austria is a Turkish kebob! I love your blogspot. Thanks for posting the pictures. As always, Austrian Elise looks fab! We're getting ready for Meredith's graduation on Saturday. I bought a size 2 nurse outfit for Reaghan to wear to the ceremony. It's too precious. I'll take pictures so you can enjoy seeing it.
    xoxo Va.

    ReplyDelete